Novedades

SD > Icehouse - Icehouse [RARE] [CD Audio] [1981]

80s_Addict

Elite Uploaders
Elite Uploaders
Puntos de reacción
Rare Icehouse song titled, "Icehouse" that was a limited single release in the U.S. and Europe (not Australia)​

Replaced the original DVD audio with CD Audio​

jUKXhya.jpg

Name: Icehouse - Icehouse (1981) (CDA)
Year: 1981 Source: DVD Type: (Retail)
File Size: 328 MB Duration: 04:04 Format: VOB
Video Properties: (25fps, PAL, 4:3)
Audio Properties: (PCM - CD Audio)​

Host: MG

Debe hacer clic en el botón "Thanks" para poder ver el contenido oculto
Si eres un usuario nuevo, no puedes descargar ningún vídeo de este foro ni de ningún otro foro
Para desbloquear los enlaces de descarga debes aumentar tu rango o donar
Password: thecentralbox.com

MVS

Members
Members
Puntos de reacción
Rare?

This is not RARE .. It is available on the Icehouse CD/DVD released a couple of years back ... Oh and the title should be Flowers - Icehouse :music:

80s_Addict

Elite Uploaders
Elite Uploaders
Puntos de reacción
This is not RARE .. It is available on the Icehouse CD/DVD released a couple of years back ... Oh and the title should be Flowers - Icehouse :music:

The video is difficult to find. It is rare. As an individual music video or from its original source, it's hard to find. If it was super-rare, I would have locked it down for all but Elite Level 19s.

I'm also confused about your 'flowers' comment. This is the original title from the source and Discogs confirms it as well. http://www.discogs.com/Icehouse-Icehouse/master/192347.

Feel free to PM if you have other helpful comments. Thanks!

MVS

Members
Members
Puntos de reacción
Discogs are 100% incorrect ....

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icehouse_%28album%29"]Icehouse (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

80s_Addict

Elite Uploaders
Elite Uploaders
Puntos de reacción
See next post below for details

80s_Addict

Elite Uploaders
Elite Uploaders
Puntos de reacción

The original song was released under the Flowers band name in 1980 from the album titled Icehouse (side A, track 1). When Flowers changed their name to Icehouse in 1981, all future releases were under the Icehouse name.

Later in 1981, they re-released the song 'Icehouse' under the band name 'Icehouse' as 4 7" singles and 1 12" single (and another uncounted 12" single sent only to radio stations) - even though it was a re-release of their 1980 hit as Flowers.

This re-release as a single was now under the new band name Icehouse - and was actually the first music video under their new name. The Icehouse song was filmed in June of 1981 and was directed by Russell Mulcahy who was fast becoming recognized as one of the leading directors of music video clips in the world.

So while the song Icehouse by Flowers was released in 1980, the re-release of Icehouse by Icehouse was released 1981 as a single - which is when the music video was created.

The Wikipedia link you provided confirms this (see the section titled, "Icehouse (1981)"). This is also confirmed by Iva Davies' personal web site http://icehouse-ivadavies.com/ and that of his father Neville Davies who chronicles the history of his son's band from inception to present day http://www.spellbound-icehouse.org/storynew4.html.

If you have any other knowledge of the band that conflicts with actual events, let me know and I can hook you up with Neville. He's a great guy and keeps good tabs on the history of his son's band and his son Iva, their history and discographies. Cheers!

brevant

Members
Members
Puntos de reacción
Discogs is more acurate than wikipedia. I know I've contributed 100s of hrs on Discogs and info gets scrutinised a lot more.

Thanks for the video btw :)

• Administrators Super Moderator Moderator Legend Members VIP Members Lifetime Donor Elite Members Elite Uploaders Uploaders CB Addicts Members
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6